ROA Minuteman Memorial Building
1 Constitution Ave. NE, Washington, DC 20002
The Registration rate is $99 per individual. Advance registration will close at midnight, Thursday, March14, 2019. Registration includes lunch on Sunday and Monday, and reception on Sunday afternoon.
ROA has a block of rooms at the Crowne Plaza National Airport. The hotel is located at 1480 Crystal Dr, Arlington, VA, just one block from the Crystal City Metro station. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle. Once your plane has landed, call (703) 416-1600. Your pick-up location is based on your airline and will be provided to you during the call.
Rooms are $139/night (plus 13.25% tax) and includes breakfast for one person for each night stay. Reservations can be made by calling (800) 227-6963 or by clicking here and using the website portal. When making your reservation, be sure to reference group code "ROA" to ensure you get the group rate. If you experience difficulties getting a room, please contact Jennifer Shelton-Dabbs (703.310.8999; Jennifer.Shelton-Dabbs@bfsaul.com).
There are a limited number of rooms in this block. They will be offered on a first-come, first served basis. Please do not wait to make your reservation. The cut-off date for reserving within the group block is 22 February 2019.
The following are just a few of the highlights of this event. Click here for the full conference agenda.
Guest Speakers – On Monday, 18 March, guest speakers during the National Council meeting will include Hon James N. Stewart, Acting Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness and Maj Gen Arnold L. Punaro, USMC (Ret.), RFPB Chairman.
March on the Hill – On Tuesday, 19 March, join your fellow members as we bring ROA’s legislative priorities to Congress. ROA needs you to help highlight legislation needed in 2019 that affects serving Reserve and Guard members, retirees, and their families. Don’t miss this opportunity to represent ROA on Capitol Hill. ROA NEEDS YOU AT THIS EVENT!
Resolutions – On Monday, 18 March, the National Council will consider resolutions that help set ROA’s legislative agenda. If your elected/appointed Department National Council Member cannot attend, you may appoint a representative (as allowed by your Department’s bylaws). To ensure this person will be able to cast a vote on behalf of the Department, you must notify Diane Markham (email@example.com) of the substitution at least one week prior to the conference.
Department Presidents – Department Presidents will meet with the National President on Sunday, 17 March. Presidents that are unable to attend are encouraged to send a representative.
Committee Chairs – Committee chairs will meet with the National President on Saturday, 16 March. In this meeting, the President will outline his expectations of committees and facilitate a roundtable discussion on how each committee fits into the strategic plan and what their role is in executing the plan. Meetings for individual committees are scheduled throughout Sunday and Monday.
Membership Workshop – On Monday, 18 March, attendees will participate in a Membership Workshop to learn more about our current membership status, how to recruit and retain members, and conduct local grassroots activities.
There are three area airports:
1. Reagan National Airport. Distance from hotel: 6 miles. Drive time: 20 minutes
2. Washington Dulles International Airport. Distance from hotel: 27 miles. Drive time: 30-40 min
3. Baltimore-Washington International Airport. Distance from hotel: 33 miles. Drive time: 1 hour.
There are three easy and convenient ways to get around the city:
1. Metrorail/Metrobus – Metrorail and Metrobus provide the safest, cleanest and most efficient way of getting around Washington, DC and the metropolitan suburbs. The Minuteman Memorial Building is a 15 minute walk from both the Union Station Metro stop (Red line) and Capitol South Metro stop (Yellow/Blue/Silver line). For a map, schedules and fares go to www.wmata.com.
2. Taxicab – Taxi service is plentiful and economical in DC. In fact, DC has one of the highest taxi-to-citizen ratios in the country, with more than 6,000 taxis servicing the city. Taxis use a metered system just like every other city in the country. To order a cab, plan a trip, or calculate a fare, visit www.dctaxionline.com.
3. Uber Technologies Inc. – Uber is here to help you get around DC hassle free and in style! Request a ride using the Uber iPhone or Android app.