The Women in Military Service for America (WIMSA) Memorial, at the ceremonial entrance to Arlington National Cemetery, is the only major national memorial honoring all women who have defended America throughout history. The Women’s Memorial mission is to:
- recognize all women who have served in or with the United States Armed Forces – past, present and future;
- document the experiences of these women and tell their stories of service, sacrifice and achievement;
- make their contributions a visible part of our history;
- illustrate their contribution, equal to that of men, in defense of our nation; and
- serve as inspiration for others.
Click here to learn more about the Women’s Memorial and its mission.
The Foundation is seeking a mission-focused individual who is a strategic thinker, a bridge-builder, and a proven leader to lead the next chapter of the organization. The President will serve as an Executive Director and will partner with the Board of Directors and staff to develop a strategic vision, build and maintain enduring relationships, and extend the visibility and impact of the Memorial Foundation.
Click here to view complete details.