Posted By ROA National Staff,
Thursday, June 28, 2018
| Comments (0)
Now that the House and Senate have passed the National Defense Authorization Act of 2019, the Armed Services Committee members and staff will start negotiating the differences between the two bill versions. Here are the agreed upon Conferees:
On the Republican side, House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) named the following conferees:
- From the House Armed Services Committee: Chairman Mac Thornberry (Texas), Reps. Joe Wilson (S.C.), Frank LoBiondo (N.J.), Rob Bishop (Utah), Michael Turner (Ohio), Mike Rogers (Ala.), Bill Shuster (Pa.), Mike Conaway (Texas), Doug Lamborn (Colo.), Robert Wittman (Va.), Mike Coffman (Colo.), Vicky Hartzler (Mo.), Austin Scott (Ga.), Paul Cook (Calif.), Bradley Byrne (Ala.), Elise Stefanik (N.Y.), Don Bacon (Neb.) and Jim Banks (Ind.).
- From the Energy and Commerce Committee: Reps. Bob Latta (Ohio) and Bill Johnson (Ohio).
- From the Foreign Affairs Committee: Chairman Ed Royce (Calif.) and Rep. Adam Kinzinger (Ill.).
- From the Financial Services Committee: Chairman Jeb Hensarling (Texas) and Rep. Andy Barr (Ky.).
On the Democratic side, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) named the following conferees:
- From the Senate Armed Services Committee: Ranking member Adam Smith (Wash.), Reps. Susan Davis (Calif.), James Langevin (R.I.), Jim Cooper (Tenn.), Joe Courtney (Conn.), Niki Tsongas (Mass.), John Garamendi (Calif.), Jackie Speier (Calif.), Marc Veasey (Texas), Tulsi Gabbard (Hawaii), Beto O'Rourke (Texas) and Stephanie Murphy (Fla.), as well as Del. Madeleine Bordallo (Guam).
- From Energy and Commerce: Ranking member Frank Pallone (N.J.).
- From Financial Services: Ranking member Maxine Waters (Calif.).
- From Foreign Affairs: Ranking member Eliot Engel (N.Y.).
The non-Armed Services conferees from other committees are there to negotiate on a provision related to the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, according to news releases.
This post has not been tagged.